May 30, 2005

Heathery Tree


Heathery Tree
Originally uploaded by Poundstone.


So haven’t been posting anything lately. I’ve been experiencing computer burnout I think. So I’ll post some lists.

The blogs I visit regularly:

:: Illustrator/Writer/Artist Type People ::
Penelope Illustration
Keri Smith
Danny Gregory
Lori Joy Smith
Loobylu
Susie G
Ikastikos

:: Friends & Family::
Jeff Overstreet
Tim Poundstone
Kortney & Andy

:: A List About Movies::

(Questions courtesy Blue Calico's May 17 post)

1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video: Let’s just say there are dozens, not hundreds.

2) The last film I bought: Ben tried to buy The Singing Detective on my behalf (the British version with Michael Gambon) from a video store that was going out of business. I’ll spare you the sad details, but it didn’t work out. Before that, I was going to buy Lost in Translation, but then my brother bought it for me. Next planned purchase: The Criterion edition of Rushmore, which includes the poster of drawings by Wes’ brother.

3) The last film I watched: In Good Company, then part of The Last Waltz, the Scorcese documentary on The Band

4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
*Blue (and all Kieslowski films)
*Moonstruck
*Beau Travail (and all Claire Denis films)
*La Promesse
*You Can Count On Me

Your answers?

2 comments:

Cin said...

loved Beau Travail too, thought the imagery wonderful and the silence. It's been a while since I saw it, may have to check it out again and am unfamilar with his other films so will look into them also.

Cin said...

oh and just checked out Ikastikos blog, wonderful, added to my link list thanks !!